Getting registered for VAT is only the start. Many small businesses need help with the record-keeping needed and the work of completing VAT returns. And when inspections and investigations come along you need someone who can help you through it all with least disruption to your business.
As mentioned above, if you are a VAT registered business you must:
- Account for output tax on all your taxable supplies.
- Keep proper VAT records and accounts.
- Send in VAT returns when requested to do so by HMRC.
- Keeping abreast with constantly updated VAT legislation can be time consuming and quite often confusing.
We can help by completing and submitting returns for you. We will calculate the business VAT liability for you and complete your VAT return in a timely manner, avoiding penalty for late submission and late payment.
Using the latest software we will computerise your records, enabling me to monitor your VAT liability throughout a period.
Assistance With Inspections And VAT Investigations
At some point, all businesses receive a VAT inspection from a Customs and Excise officer. I can assist you with:
- Practical support during the VAT inspections.
- Review of assessments.
- Making appeals to VAT Tribunals.